Welcome to our Patient Education page!
Our team believe that informed patients are better equipped to make decisions regarding their child's health and wellbeing. For your personal use, we have created an extensive patient library covering an array of educational topics, which can be found on the side of each page. Browse through these diagnoses and treatments to learn more about topics of interest to you. Or, for a more comprehensive search of our entire website, enter your term(s) in the search bar provided below.
We are working to update these web links, be patient we will get them up dated.
As always, you can contact our office to answer any questions or concerns.
Seasonal Health concerns
- Seasonal Flu
- Current Pollen counts
- Novel H1N1 influenza
- H1N1 Novel influenza
- South Carolina DHEC
- Health Map
Seasonal safety concerns
- Summer safety- Lawnmowers AAP Policy
- Fireworks safety
- Lawnmower safety
- AAP Summer Safety Tips
- Life Jackets and Life Preservers, PFDs
- Swimming Pool Safety
Nutrition and Health
- USDA nutritional guide
- Check Up America
- Infomation about Seafood
- Fish safety and mercury
- obesity recommendations
- BPA , Bisphenol A
- Melamime and infant formulas
- AAP vitamin D guidelines
- Vitamin D Deficiency Clinical Report
- My Pyramid for Kids
- Plastics to use
- Harvard School of Public Health
- Letter from AAP to Parents about Vaccines
- vaccines and autism
- vaccine safety
- Food and Drug Administrtion (FDA)
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC)
- Nationl Institute of Child Health and Human Development (NICHD)
- Sound advice about vaccines
- First Signs/
- ADHD Guide for Families
- National Sleep Foundation
- Autism information
- CDC: ADHD
- Bright Futures
- Zero to Three
- TouchPoints Brazelton
- All Kinds of Minds, Mel Levine, MD at Univ. of North Carolina
- Play is important!
- American Academy of Pediatrics bookstore
- FDA Public Health Advisory on Cold and Cough Medicines
- National Institutes of Health
- Food and Drug Administration / WebLink
- Tabacco & e cigarettes
- Globalwarming & children's health
- Healthy Children
Off seasonal health concerns
- Cough Medications
- Treating Colds Without Drugs
Health Care in the US
- AMA voice for the uninsured
- AMA's indepth look at health care reform
We understand many women may be apprehensive or unsure at first about breastfeeding vs. bottle-feeding their baby. It’s normal to have many questions related to breastfeeding. Our doctors are here to support you.
La Leche League was founded to give information and encouragement, mainly through personal help, to all mothers who want to breastfeed their babies. The mission of La Leche League is to help mothers worldwide to breastfeed through mother-to-mother support, encouragement, information, and education, and to promote a better understanding of breastfeeding as an important element in the healthy development of the baby and mother.
Visit La Leche League for more information about breastfeeding.